Our customer success stories
See how our customers and partners are experiencing the benefits of Sabre Hospitality’s Solutions
Digital Marketing Programs
Luxury Resort & Spa Case Study
As the flagship property for a new luxury hotel brand, Montage Resort & Spa, Laguna Beach, initially approached Sabre Hospitality to design a Website and develop and implement a fully integrated, strategic online marketing program that would:
- Establish and promote brand awareness for a newly-formed, ultra-luxury hotel company/brand
- Position the flagship property online during critical stages of the resort's opening phase, as well as into the future
- Generate and increase qualified leads, conversion potential and significant revenue sources to meet ambitious online sales goals
E-site Marketing developed a comprehensive Digital marketing program to include a diverse range of online and e-commerce solutions that would initially establish the Montage brand online and evolve to maximize awareness and generate direct revenues.
- Design, development, launch and continual enhancements of an innovative Website that intimately reflects the branding, image and attributes of the exclusive property and translates the luxurious and elegant experience of visiting the property within the actual Website visit. Innovative features include:
- E-Commerce Functionality:
- E-commerce Store (www.montageshops.com)
- Online Catalogue
- Online Concierge
- Mini-Sites: Spa, Meetings, Weddings (which are independently marketed and optimized)
- Online RFP/Interactive Proposal Service (IPS) Integration
- Extensive CRM/PHP Data Collection
- E-Commerce Functionality:
- Integrated Email Marketing program and customized Email Campaigns: (including a flash-based, robust bi-yearly e-newsletter): www.montageimpressions.com)
- Customized Search Engine Optimization and Marketing Program
- Customized Interactive Media and Linkage Partnership Program
- Direct revenue generated via the Website increased 35% from 2005 to 2006. 44% of this revenue was generated by Search Engine based visitors to the Website.
- Montage Shops (www.montageshops.com) revenue increased 17% from 2005 to 2006.
- Actual room nights generated via the online booking engine increased 61% from 2005 to 2006.
- Online Request for Proposals (RFPs) increased 96% from 2005 to 2006 due to strategic push marketing on Website.
- As a result of the Digital Marketing program implemented, search engine traffic increased over 100% in the 1st year of the program.
- The Website is the recipient of the prestigious HSMAI Golden Click Award and the Web Marketing Association's Standard of Excellence Award.
- The Montage Studio website is the recipient of the Web Marketing Association's Best Restaurant Website Award for 2006
Hotel Management Company Case Study
- Build online brand awareness and increase revenues across the portfolio of 30(+) properties/independent hotels.
- Consistent tracking across the portfolio to demonstrate ROI to asset owners.
- Implement uniform corporate Information Architecture & E-commerce guidelines.
- Increase email capture to support CRM initiative.
- Increase online market share against larger and established hotel brands.
E-site Marketing designed and developed a collection of Websites that cluster unique properties together based on like experiences and offerings, i.e.: Website featuring and highlighting vacation rental properties, mountain properties, golf properties, spa properties, meeting properties.
In addition, E-site Marketing developed and implemented an integrated Digital marketing program to strategically position the collection of Websites to include: organic Search Engine Optimization, Linkage and Interactive Media, Pay-Per-Click Advertising, Email Marketing.
The concept: "32 Unique Experiences." Position Destination Hotels & Resorts as an online distributor of unique destination experiences.
- Research & Analysis Phase to include:
- Usability Study
- Focus Groups
- Extensive analysis of current Website performance and demographics
- Application of Website usability best practices
- Identified and secured strategic technology partnerships for booking engine and CRM platform.
- Implementation Phase
- Corporate Website redesign and re-conception
- Development of collection of micro mini-sites based on lifestyle and experience, i.e.: Spa Collection
- CRM platform integrated across entire portfolio
- Single Content Management Solution
- Integrated approach to Search Engine Optimization across entire portfolio of property and micro sites.
- Extensive cross-linkage across entire portfolio of property and micro sites.
- Overall traffic to the Website in 2006 increased 36% compared to 2005
- The Website generated over 1.2 million visitors in 2006
- Corporate Website traffic generated, via linkage partnerships, increased 100% from 2005 to 2006.
Website Design and SEO Program
Spa Resort Case Study
Although the Lake Austin Spa Resort determined they had built a solid base of local business and developed a loyal following of destination spa visitors, they felt they were not reaching the growing audience of potential spa guests conducting research online. E-site Marketing was retained to develop and implement strategies that would:
- Improve and enhance Lake Austin Spa Resort's online exposure
- Increase incremental revenues generated via the Website's online store
The initial scope of work required an extensive Website redesign engagement including development of a full e-commerce boutique. In addition, E-site Marketing conducted a comprehensive evaluation of Lake Austin's current online presence, not only with the various search engines, but also with specialized spa Websites. Based on findings, the following initiatives were executed:
- Website Redesign: Included the integration of a series of interactive functionality to engage users and flash technology to maximize the resort's high impact photography. Additional features:
- Push marketing elements integrated within the design to promote data collection, events and specials to consumers
- Interactive calendar of events
- Content management system to provide Lake Austin with easy and cost efficient text and image editing
- Mini Website for Lake Austin Spa Monarch Club members which provides personalized password protected content, events and specials.
- E-Commerce Store/Boutique
- RSS Technology
- Customized Search Engine Optimization and Marketing Program
- Customized Interactive Media program (leveraging E-site Marketing's extensive network of spa related linkage partners.)
- Due to implementation of the RSS technology on the online store, after only 1 week the store was ranking number one out of 256,000 results for a spa related keyword search.
- The online store itself was subscribed to by over 1,000 Website visitors in the first 60 days.
- The online store's revenue doubled within the first two months after launch, achieving a 100% increase month over month.
- After 3 months, the Website was ranking number one for the highly competitive keyword "spa resorts" out of 11,000,000.
- Revenue generated by the Lake Austin Spa online store in 2006 increased 18% compared to 2005.
- Search Engine traffic continued to generate a significant increase in visitors to the Website in 2006. Search Engine traffic increased 52% compared to 2005
Online Marketing Campaign Management
Case Study: Online Advertising - Re-targeting
"The audience for our product is very specific so we were hesitant to spend a lot of money on a traditional online advertising campaign that reaches a general audience. The team at Sabre Hospitality Solutions worked with us to build an effective retargeting campaign and we were impressed with the results. We rely on our team to come up with innovative solutions that will produce a strong ROI and we truly appreciate the work and the results that were achieved." Elana Friedman, Vice President of Marketing, AKA
With a limited budget, AKA wanted to generate revenue from long-term stay guests, AKA's ideal target market.
The Online Media team at Sabre Hospitality Solutions created a "retargeting campaign" designed to market a special offer only to those travelers who had visited the AKA online booking engine but did not book a stay. Those visitors were tagged with a special cookie or identifier. Any time, during the next 30 days, if the user visited a Website in the Google Display Network*, the user was eligible to receive a AKA ad (example, the above image), reinforcing the brand message. Clicking on the ad would take them to a special landing page with a "7th night free offer" and the ability to book the special online.
*The Google Display Network includes thousands of publishers and reaches 80% of the Internet using population on average.
Using this very targeted approach enables you to market to the "who" (people who already showed interest in your property and even went so far as to check rates) in place of the "where" (an online media partner such as Kayak.com or TripAdvisor). The results of this campaign during the four months it ran were:
- Impressions (number of times the ad was displayed) - 476,450
- Visits to landing page - 1,356
- Click through Rate = 0.28% (compared to an industry average of 0.10%)
- Looks (number of visits to the booking engine) - 297
- Return On Investment (ROI) - 5.6 to 1 (based on the ad dollars spent versus the revenue generated)
City Hotel Case Study
Upon completion of an extensive restoration, during which period the hotel was closed, The Hay-Adams wanted to increase awareness of the restoration effort and the grand reopening of the hotel, as well as special promotional rates for the reopening.
E-site Marketing designed, developed and launched an Email Marketing campaign for the Hay-Adams announcing the hotel's reopening and promoting the special offer. Email campaign features included:
- HTML e-card design with animation
- Three calls to action on the e-card, with links to the following pages of the site: The Homepage for the Hay-Adams, the Special Offers page and the Reservations page
- Dissemination of the e-card to approximately 1,000 email addresses contained in three separate databases
- Online real-time reporting to determine the success of the email campaign in achieving its objectives
- The overall click-through rate for the campaign was 30.5%
- One database received a click-through rate of 56%
- Clicks were received on the calls to action from people who were not on the recipient list for the campaign, indicating effective viral marketing - the email was forwarded to others, who in turn responded (6.6% of total clicks were the result of referral marketing)
Larkspur Landing increases RevPAR 9.7% after moving to the SynXis Platform, including Voice Agent, for Complete Distribution
Established in 1996, Larkspur Hotels & Restaurants is a rapidly growing company boasts a portfolio of 23 hotels, including three distinct hotel brands: Larkspur Landing, Larkspur Hotels and The Larkspur Collection. In order to manage the properties more effectively, the executive team decided to move all brands onto one reservation platform, RedX. With 75% of reservations coming in direct to the hotel, management also needed a tool that improved how the front desk sold the property and brand. They chose Voice Agent, part of the RedX Distribution Management System.
- Properties needed to be on one CRS platform that provided efficient product management.
- Front desk sales agents needed a more effective way to sell individual properties and properties across the brands.
- Management needed a CRS platform that "communicated" with the PMSs
The SynXis Solution
- Implemented the RedX product suite to centralize inventory management across all channels including: GDS, IDS, Website and direct call-in reservations using Voice Agent.
- Implemented robust RedX revenue management functionality to ensure inventory and restrictions were available in Voice Agent for sales staff.
- Leveraged Voice Agent cross selling capabilities to book sister properties.
- Implemented Property Connect - the PMS interface that enabled better inventory and availability management
- Outsourced overflow and after hours calls to SynXis Reservation Call Center.
(Results are for Larkspur Landing brand only due to incomplete historical data)
- Increased year-over-year RevPAR by 9.7%
- Increased year-over-year RevPAR Market Share by 3.4%
- Average Rate for hotel direct call-in reservations increased by 8.2% year-over-year
SynXis Solutions Boost LodgeWorks Reservations By 15% With A Single-Image of Inventory
LodgeWorks, a privately held hotel development and management company, owns and operates a number of hotels and hotel chains throughout the country. LodgeWorks needed a comprehensive Central Reservation System (CRS) that could handle the integration and support needs that a growing hotel company like theirs required and a solution that would incorporate all channels of distribution into a single-image to facilitate streamlined inventory management.
- Finding new technology to fulfill the vision of a growing hotel company
- Managing all channels from a single point of entry to help optimize revenue and ADR
- Achieving a single-image of inventory of all reservations
The SynXis Solution
- Implemented SynXis RedX Distribution Management System for its robust channel management features, ease of integration, and reliability
- Developed "Waitlist" - a feature that enables hotels to store rate, room type, dates, and customer data as a reservation request
- Created "Shared Reservations" - allows for two guests, on one reservation, to share the cost of the hotel stay
- Implemented SynXis Property Connect, the integration between RedX and LodgeWorks' Property Management System at each individual property
- Increased same-store average daily rate (ADR) of 8%.
- Grew overall revenue by nearly 8%.
- Increased year-over-year net reservations by over 15%.
- Leveraged SynXis' flexibility and integration solutions to input 100% of reservations through SynXis Voice Agent, versus their own PMS, therefore achieving a true single-image of inventory.
SynXis Booking Engine
The Trump Hotel Collection
"There was specific functionality in the booking engine that we needed to make true differences for us and our guests, and Sabre's design and development team was able to deliver on all of them. They really enhanced the design and user experience of the booking process along with some other usability items like the comparison shopping feature, sorting, and filtering that will truly make this a rich but simple user experience, thereby helping us increase sales from this online channel." Nathan Crisp, corporate director, revenue management for the Trump Hotel Collection
The Trump Hotel Collection was looking for a booking engine solution that would improve their guest's overall online experience and interaction with their brand. They were also looking for a booking tool that offered them the ability to improve merchandising, increase revenues via up-selling opportunities, and help capture their increasing global market.
Sabre Hospitality Solutions worked with The Trump Hotel Collection to implement the SynXis Booking Engine Flex booking engine to offer them advanced flexibility and controls. SynXis Booking Engine Flex utilizes:
- 31 languages supported including right-to-left support for Arabic
- Advanced merchandising functionality like promotional pricing, dynamic packaging and itinerary bookings but adds a new streamlined layout
- New features such as comparison shopping, enhanced image galleries with larger photos and "share with" tags to enhance the user experience
- Total pricing reveals final price including taxes and extra charges to mirror other consumer travel and retail sites
- Easy to read availability calendars that can be customized with rated and stay restrictions
- Guests can opt for reservation review or to go straight to confirmation on a single page based on their own shopping preferences
- 'Room Grouping' functionality accommodates properties with a large number of room/rate combinations
- Expandable/collapsible product and package results
Since switching, The Trump Hotel Collection's reservation conversation rates have increased 50 percent (compared to the same period last year) and net revenue has increased by 29 percent.This immediate performance improvement is not a temporary jump. Conversion rates have continued to surge demonstrating the value of SynXis Booking Engine Flex and its ability to meet the needs of Trump's global guest market.
Case study: Portuguese chain increases reservations through their Website by over 190% after implementing Sabre Hospitality's SynXis Booking Engine booking engine
"We chose Sabre Hospitality Solutions because we liked the fact that we could be so flexible with their booking engine and be able to deliver different promotions, extra services, and property merchandising to help us sell our hotels to different market segments in a targeted way. Plus we felt it was a big advantage to be able to distribute to the GDSs with such a market-leading company. The numbers speak for themselves: we've been experiencing incredible results since we implemented their user-friendly solution!" Goncalo Rebelo de Almeida, Marketing Manager, Vila Gale
Vila Gale was looking for a fast, simple and interactive booking engine. As a hotel group with very different unique selling points across their chain, Vila Gale wanted a booking engine that would best help them merchandise each property's experience. Further, the group wanted to increase revenue generated by them directly.
- User-friendly booking engine and control center;
- Highly international system available in multiple languages, currencies;
- Abilityto have control over the design and process on hotel group level;
- Streamlined booking process across their properties;
- Improved consumer experience through the booking process to help them convert guests through their site.
- Implementation of the SynXis Booking Engine booking engine on their site
- Incorporation of an extensive photo gallery so consumers get a better picture of the property and rooms
- Created the booking engine in English, Portuguese, German, French and Spanish
- Worked with Sabre Hospitality Solutions team to improve descriptions, controls, and options to fully utilize booking engine marketing capabilities
In the first full year after implementation of the SynXis Booking Engine booking engine, Vila Gale experienced dramatic increases in their amount of reservations and room nights through their own Webstie:
- The reservations made through the booking engine increased by over 190%
- The amount of room nights increased by just over 200%
Reporting & Analytics
Magnolia Hotels adds SynXis Digital Marketing and RezTrack Reporting Tools, Improves Year Over Year Bookings By Almost 12%
Magnolia Hotel, a privately-held hotel management and development company headquartered in Denver, Colorado, manages four-star hotel properties in four different cities in the United States, all situated in historic buildings and prime downtown locations. Magnolia Hotels chose to implement the SynXis RezTrack® and Digital Marketing Reporting Tools to gain a better understanding of return on investment for its Digital Marketing campaigns as well as increase its look to book ratios and reservations on its booking engine.
- Reservation tracking was processed manually through rate codes and via multiple locations.
- Manual tracking resulted in unorganized data.
- Lack of reliable data made it difficult to know where to spend marketing dollars.
- Customer database was not growing quickly enough, slowing down new customer acquisitions and return visits from previous guests.
The SynXis Solution
- Developed an Digital Marketing program which included search engine marketing, pay-per-click advertising and social media marketing to drive qualified business to Website and acquire new customers.
- Subscribed to SynXis' Digital Marketing Reporting Portal to track the effectiveness of Digital Marketing programs. Based on reporting, data collection programs were refined to ensure marketing dollars were spent on those marketing programs producing the highest results.
- Added RezTrack Reports to measure ROI and track website bookings for Magnolia's booking engine.
- Year-over-year SynXis Booking Engine Booking Engine reservations have grown almost 12% from 2008 since using the Digital Marketing Portal to track ROI and refine digital marketing programs.
- Look-to-book ratio at Magnolia Hotels has increased every month in 2009, currently averaging almost 6%; a direct result of using RezTrack to target qualified shoppers.
- Customer database has grown by 45% in 2009.
Channel & Revenue Management Consulting
SynXis assists Grand Hotel Amstelveen with Revenue Management Strategy; Hotel sees year-on-year revenue growth of 105%
Mr. M. Nagel, General Manager, Grand Hotel Amstelveen
Grand Hotel Amsterdam, an independent property located in the Netherlands, felt that there were too few bookings coming from the GDS channel given their close proximity to the airport as well as to the city of Amsterdam. Also, the hotel did not have a Revenue Manager on its staff so looked to their SynXis account manager for consultancy on optimizing their revenue strategy and merchandising their property better on the various distribution channels.
- Room reservations coming through the GDS channel were dropping
- Only one standard public rate had been set-up in GDS and the property's general manager felt that they were lacking a targeted revenue strategy
- Hotel felt they could maximize exposure to other channels as well
The SynXis Solution
- Held a complete RedX property audit with hotel staff to identify key areas for improvement
- Consulted on setting up new rates specific for GDS as well as creating a process for updating negotiated rates
- Restructured the rate and restrictions according to SynXis revenue management principles
- Highlighted location features to make property attractive as airport location as well as a near-city destination
- Improved descriptive content in RedX for all channels to better highlight hotel features
- Room reservations made through GDS increased by 96% year-on-year
- GDS revenue increased by more than 78% year on year
- Overall year on year revenue growth for Q1 and Q2 was 105%
Revenue Management Consulting
Crane's BeachHouse Implements SynXis Revenue Management Program, Increases Off-Season Bookings By Nearly 40%
Crane's BeachHouse, a 27 room resort located in Delray Beach, Florida, needed better controls in place to help maximize its hotel revenue. Crane's BeachHouse chose to implement the SynXis Revenue management Consulting Program to optimize revenues and increase occupancy while competing against a number of larger chain hotels in the immediate area.
- Limited staff for monitoring competitive pricing and room occupancy
- Difficulty managing inventory, stay restrictions, and pricing on a consistent basis
- Steep occupancy drop-offs during off-peak season (June, July, August)
- Weak distribution channel production
The SynXis Solution
- Contracted a SynXis Director of Revenue instead of adding additional head count
- Regularly scheduled conference calls with Director of Revenue to discuss pricing and inventory planning as well as results
- Subscribed to SynXis' competitive rate shopping reports to better compete with other hotels and resorts in the area
- Created new and more competitive rate plans for maximizing revenue, especially during off-season months
- Added additional room types to key distribution channels to boost room occupancy
- Increased off-peak season bookings by 39% (compared to 2007 off-peak season)
- Increased off-peak season revenues by almost 30% (compared to 2007 off-peak season)
- Increased ADR by over 6% in full year following revenue management implementation
SynXis Property Manager
Canalta Achieves Operations and Revenue Management Impact from SynXis Property Manager
Ensuring continued profitability along with delivering a consistent experience across all their brands prompted the search for a new system that could meet their growing needs.
The SynXis Solution
Vantage Saw a 130% Increase In Revenue After Switching from an Extranet to Channel Connect
In the past, Vantage has used an extranet connection to Expedia which taxed their ability to have a successful revenue management strategy. They found themselves in a labor intensive, inefficient situation without the ability to correctly manage rates and inventory among others.
Click here to read how Vantage's revenue exploded after switching to Channel Connect!