The Hay-Adams is a 145 room independent, luxury hotel located directly across from the White House, in Washington, DC. The AAA Four Diamond property, and member of Leading Hotels of the World, is ranked on Conde Nast Traveler's Gold List as one of the Top 75 North American Hotels.
Upon completion of an extensive restoration, during which period the hotel was closed, The Hay-Adams wanted to increase awareness of the restoration effort and the grand reopening of the hotel, as well as special promotional rates for the reopening.
Sabre Hospitality designed, developed and launched an Email Marketing campaign for the Hay-Adams announcing the hotel's reopening and promoting the special offer. Email campaign features included:
- HTML e-card design with animation
- Three calls to action on the e-card, with links to the following pages of the site: The Homepage for the Hay-Adams, the Special Offers page and the Reservations page
- Dissemination of the e-card to approximately 1,000 email addresses contained in three separate databases
- Online real-time reporting to determine the success of the email campaign in achieving its objectives
- The overall click-through rate for the campaign was 30.5%
- One database received a click-through rate of 56%
- Clicks were received on the calls to action from people who were not on the recipient list for the campaign, indicating effective viral marketing - the email was forwarded to others, who in turn responded (6.6% of total clicks were the result of referral marketing)